Keeping a difference in the private and the professional life is an art. Developing the skill of maintaining a good relationship with the colleagues by being in the limit needs an ample time. It is not recommended to mix professional and personal life.
In the recent times, the significance of keeping personal life private at work has gained high importance. It is because now people at a tender age get indulged in the job. Managing funds tops the list of the reasons behind it. Students pursuing higher studies opt part-time jobs. The exertion of the entire day at college sometimes comes out in the form of sharing it with the co-workers. Also, sometimes what the teacher said you during the college hours stuck in your mind. You tend to think about it. But it has numerous effects on the job life. It can harm your relationships.
If you also do this, no worries. I have some tips for you. Make these a part of your life and see the change which they can bring in your routine.
1. Know the professional boundaries- There is always a limit between the two employees of a company. Also, you should know what your employer cannot ask you. If someone is giving you a salary, it does not mean that he/she can ask you anything. There are several things which you can keep private even from your boss. For instance, he/she cannot ask about your background life. If he does it, it can be a case of discrimination. It is a good point for the girls. Nobody can ask you your age. Yeah, it is a law in many countries. Also, you can also keep your marital status private. Nobody can force you to share these things. It is your right. Along with these questions, there is no need to answer whether you are an alcoholic or not. Enquiring about your religion is also banned in some countries. Yes, I know you would find this query in every form be it governmental or any enquiry or bill slip of a hospital.
2. Say no to personal calls during official hours- Cut down personal emails and phones. Some calls for an appointment with your doctor are allowed, but make sure you do not discuss any of your family issue in your cabin. Along with the aspect of keeping your personal and private life separate, this point will save you from your boss’ displeasing look. If you have the habit of attending your personal calls at home, change it ASAP. You may find it difficult in the beginning, but, you will thank me later for this.
3. Be friendly- It is a habit which would help you in one way or the other. Keep a smile on your face all the time. It is because everyone likes smiling faces. They act as a magnet.
You should develop good working relationships. I am not contradicting myself, but I am not saying to share your personal life. But it makes the official hours more productive and enjoyable. Have a small talk during lunch breaks.
If one of your colleagues is habitual of making personal talks in office, and you prefer to stay away from all these things, you can excuse yourself politely.
4. Be supple- no matter it is essential to have some boundaries between work and personal life, you can try to keep some flexibility as well. Maintaining edges does not mean that you should isolate yourself from the rest of the co-workers.
5. Analyze your social media activities- if you want to add your colleagues in your social media accounts, but are afraid of losing your private life, you can try some tricks. Make a new account on every social networking platform. Now, you are free to add anyone to it without any hesitation and insecurity of your activities.
6. Pay attention to the settings part- you can also control the amount of information which your co-workers can see. Adjust your privacy settings and customize them. Limit the amount of data which you want to share with them.
7. Never use your email id for work- there are several things which we have in our personal life. In this tech-oriented world, most of the people access their email address on their smart phones. In the initial days, we haven’t logged in the work email address on our phones. To do the task on the spur of the moment, we make the mistake of using our id to do official mail. But, try to avoid it.
8. Play smart-rather than being rude when asked something about your personal life, try acting smart. You can say that is boring or you can change the subject of the talk smartly.
Follow these hacks and see yourself rising.
We will provide online assignment help to students in various fields such as finance assignment, law assignment, computer assignment and many more...